Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gratitude

So I was talking with Cindy today and she reminded me about gratitude. I decided I would make a small list of what I am grateful for.

Of course first on my list is my wonderful husband and beautiful child
I am grateful for my family. . . extended
I am grateful that I have shelter and a comfortable bed to sleep in
I am grateful that I have food to feed my son
I am grateful for the hot shower that I get everyday, we had our hot water heater go out for a couple days this past winter and it was pure hell
I am grateful for the abilities I have
I am grateful for Michaels smiles, and giggles and his dance moves
Today I am very grateful that I am not a CEO of a large bank


Denis Waitley:

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Good job!!! You do have a lot to be grateful for with that little boy of yours. our kids are lucky they are cute otherwise they would get beat!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great post! I loved the part about being grateful you aren't the CEO of a large bank :)