Monday, September 22, 2008

I miss Grandma Woffinden

Yesterday was the longest saddest Sunday I have had in a very long time. The day just seemed to drag on and on. When it was finally 6pm all I could think of is how I wished I was at Grandma Woffindens house.Every Sunday all of her kids and grandkids would come to her house and she would always have hot rolls or some tasty treat that she made and we would play games and visit.

She was truly an amazing woman. She had so much love to give. I was a step-granddaughter, but she never made me feel like I was anything less than her own granddaughter. I learned so many things from her, quilting, crocheting, baking, I really wish that I would have learned how to make her bread. It was so yummy! She had a baking day once or twice a month. She would get up extremely early and start the bread dough. Then spend the rest of the morning baking loaves of bread and tons of rolls. She would freeze some for herself and then she always gave our family some bread. It was the absolute best bread, especially toasted then topped with some strawberry jam!

In the summertime she would sit out on the drive in her lawn swing watching her little tv and crocheting. Her hands were never idle. A neighbor lady would come and sit with her and the two of them would brag about their grandsons. It was so funny because Grandma would tell me what Elaine had said about her grandson and Grandma would tell me how much better Aaron was. LOL Aaron was the apple of her eye. It was so cute how proud she was of him.

I am so grateful to that woman. She really helped me through the roughest time of my life. I love her and miss her terribly.

8 comments:

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

me too! but i have to say that wasn't very nice. i got on the computer happy and now i can't stop crying. oohhhh....!!! She was a great woman.

Leiser Family said...

Sorry, that is what I was doing as I wrote it. LOL

Cindy said...

How cute I love it. Did you hear the tunes on mine, let me know if you find anything else to make it cute!!

Anonymous said...

We know what you mean....She is SUCH A SPECIAL and AWESOME person and we love her dearly. I know she is one of the most tender people in Aaron's heart (and will be forever) and helped him IMMENSELY.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she appreciated your post, too!

Anonymous said...

One more P.S....Love the new blog look!

Leiser Family said...

thanks Jenny, Cindy told me about leelou blogs, wish I could take credit