Monday, June 1, 2009

Through a Window

Through a window she saw the world

People came and people went
To each one her love she sent
Many things she couldn't do
Like pick her nose or tie her shoe
The things she could, she did the best
The lives she touched she truly blessed
As children, she taught us how to knit,
reading, writing, arithmetic
As we got older, and times were rough
Her life lessons she shared with us
She always lent a listening ear
and in our hearts we hold her dear
She suffered pain and poor health
She lived for others and Not herself
There are no words to express our gratitude
Instead we will live our lives with her good attitude
Through a window she saw the world
Through a window she changed our world



In honor of our aunt, Linda, Cindy and I wrote that poem. Linda's funeral was held today in Springville, Utah. We were unable to go, but we wanted to do something to show Aunt Linda that we care, and to express how grateful we are for all that she is. We love you Aunt Linda and we are so happy for you, that you are now doing cartwheels in heaven!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

I absolutely love this poem you guys are talented and it was tear jerking at the funeral. Good job guys. It was very appreciated. brad loved it too.

AuntShannon said...

Hi there!

The poem you and Cindy is really cute. What a sweet thing to do.

Just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I love you muchly!

You have a lovely family.

Leiser Family said...

It was cathartic for us to do. . . since the funeral wasn't on a Saturday we weren't able to attend. We needed the time we spent writing the poem to think about and talk about Aunt Linda. We cried a lot and laughed a lot while we wrote it.

You have no idea how excited we are to have heard from you! I have often hoped that you were reading my blog. (since I can't update you on my life, in person)(of course there are some things that will have to wait for when we can talk again. Not so sure you still wanna hear about my first kiss. lol but I do remember that I was supposed to tell you all about it.)

It is so good to know that you are alive. . . and I hope that you are well. I love you so very much and miss you.

I had this set to accept anonymous comments but changed it after getting a few creepy ones. Hope it wasn't too much trouble for you to comment. I love hearing from you, but above all I want you to be safe.

ok ok, I love you and I will keep blogging. Now I have a very good reason to keep up to date on it, I just might. . .

AuntShannon said...

Hi sweet niece! I don't blame you one bit for having your blog comments on comment moderation. That IS the safest way to go.

I'm thinking of starting a blog (no pictures...sorry...well, maybe of my place, but not of me or other people...unless it's a really OLD photo, LOL! I have a few of those!

I am thinking of setting it to private and that way you guys would be the only ones to view it!

What do you think? I want to share some sweet memories that I have about my nieces and nephews and even share some of myself. Like some spiritual experiences or neat things that have happened that I long to share with you. I think that this way I can do it and not give any personal info that would identify contact info or stuff like that.

What do you think?
I wanna! Do you? Would you come visit it?

AuntShannon said...

And YES! I want to hear all about that first kiss! :)

:x smoochy woochy :x

Leiser Family said...

Would I come to visit your blog????

YES!!! It is a great idea! but you would have to keep at it. I love Linda's blog the only thing I don't like is there isn't enough stories on there. I guess I understand that she got sick shortly after starting her blog.

Speaking of old pics. . . remember those glamor shots you had done? Those are the only pics I have of you. lol

AuntShannon said...

Okay, girly! The Blog is up and running. Come and get it while it's hot! LOL! I'll be making it private soon. (just as soon as I figure out how to add you and whoever else of your sibs wants to be included).